Frequently Asked Questions
What is The Rombo Code?
- The Rombo Code is a real escape game where teams of 2-5 people will have to solve different puzzles and mysteries to get out of a room (or more than one… that’s part of the mystery) in less than 60 minutes using the logic, their common sense and teamwork.
- We have two different themes available: Casanova’s escape (also available in “Rombate” mode) and The Mystery of the Chapter 43.
What is the "Rombate" mode?
- The Casanova’s escape game is available in Rombate mode, which allows two teams experience the same challenge, each of them in a room with the same theme and at the same time
- Both teams will have to use their ingenuity and teamwork to win the challenge. They will also face several dilemmas and will have to interact with the opposing team in various phases of the game. Which team will be able to solve all the mysteries first?
Why The Rombo Code?
- Book with us if you want to live an unforgettable experience with your friends, partner, family or colleagues
- The Rombo Code staff will look after you at all times and will pay attention to every detail to make your experience unique
- Our games are original, self-designed and based on true stories, set in Madrid
- Our facilities include large communal areas to welcome you and so that you can discuss your experience after the game
- We have selected you for your unique abilities. Do not let us down! You have to help us solve The Rombo Code!
Casanova's escape or The mystery of the chapter 43, which should you play first?
- Both games are similar in difficulty but the mysteries and enigmas in each of them are different. You can view the details of each one here: Casanova’s escape and The mystery of the chapter 43
- If this is your first escape game we suggest you start with The mystery of the chapter 43, although Casanova’s experience would be just as fun
- The Rombate mode for 2 groups (up to 10 people) is only available for the Casanova’s theme
What is the recommended number of players per team?
The game is designed for teams of 2 to 5 people per room, based on the number of puzzles and mysteries to be solved in a maximum time of 60 minutes
Escaping the room in 60 minutes is a significant challenge for a couple … but that’s where the fun lies! Put yourselves to the test!
Teams of 6 to 10 people
If you are a group of 6 to 10 people we recommend you book two rooms for the ultimate experience. The Rombate mode is available for the Casanova’s escape game, starting at 12,90€ per person
Teams of 11 or more
If your group is 11 or more people, please get in touch with us and we will send you a customized proposal for your group
How young/old should I be to play?
- The Rombo Code is an activity for all ages but our recommendation is that players should have at least 14 years
- Children between 10 and 14 must be accompanied by an adult in the room
- We do not recommend the activity to anyone under 10 years old because they could find the activity too confusing and we do not think they would enjoy it as much
- There is no upper limit on age as there are no challenging physical aspects to the game and no fear factors
- The Rombo Code is all about engaging with your team and enjoying the experience of finding clues, and solving puzzles and riddles in a fun and safe environment
How long will the whole experience last?
- The whole experience will last around 90 minutes
- You will spend around 60 minutes in the room (the maximum given time), however, a short briefing will be made before the game and we would love if, after the game, you could share your experience with us while you relax with your team in our large living room and take the team photo!
- Please arrive around the scheduled time for your booking or, ideally 5-10 minutes earlier. We need to make sure all the groups start on time. If you are running late, please get in touch
Can I give The Rombo Code as a gift?
- Yes, if you want to give someone else the experience as a gift, visit our Gifts section where you can purchase your gift. You can choose between two options: a coupon that you can download and print when booking or our special gift: the “magic box” that you can collect at The Rombo Code Madrid or we can send it to the address you tell us for an affordable shipping fee. You’ll make a good impression!
- Every gift voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase
Do you organise corporate events?
- Yes! We are happy to welcome your company and we have many options available for you, from team building to other team activities. Contact us here to tell us what you need and we will send you a proposal
- Our +250m2 facilities are ready for your event. We have a +50m2 event area with capacity for more than 25 people
- We can organise everything you need for your event. Besides our games we can offer you catering, meeting rooms … whatever you need!
Can I change or cancel my booking?
The Rombo Code is a live escape game. We do understand that due to unforeseen circumstances you may need to cancel your game. In that case, let us know as soon as possible by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone to manage it.
- More than 72 hours in advance – You can cancel the reservation more than 72 hours in advance and get your money back. You can also change your booking if you wish
- 24 to 72 hours in advance – You can change the reservation but not cancel it
- Less than 24 hours notice – No changes or cancellations are allowed
Can we play in English?
Yes, the Rombo Code staff will be happy to assist you in English. You just need to let us know when you get here!
Should we expect a frightening experience?
No. You may find a detailed description of each of the games in the booking section, including the fear factor of each room
What will happen if we are late?
The Rombo Code is a live game so any delay is detrimental to the organisation and times of the following reservations. All groups have to arrive at the time indicated on the reservation. We recommend arriving five minutes early to avoid delays. If you are more than 5 minutes late you will not be able to start the game. If someone in the team has not arrived, the other participants must start the game after five minutes. Remember that in these cases you cannot cancel the booking and you will not be refunded
Can we book directly at the establishment?
Yes, you can book directly at the establishment and reservations must be paid at the time of booking. However, and only for your own convenience, we would recommend you book our games through our Website
I have a voucher or a discount code, how can I use it?
If you have a voucher or a discount code you can use it during the booking process and the discount will be applied before you complete the payment. Please note the period of validity for your vouchers and discount codes